Home Top Stories Kashmiri youth dies in Japiur hospital after being beaten up by colleagues

Kashmiri youth dies in Japiur hospital after being beaten up by colleagues


18 year old Kashmiri boy died in a Jaipur hospital. He was admitted after he got into an altercation with his colleagues and was thrashed by them.

Kashmiri youth dies in Japiur hospital after being beaten up by colleagues

Image for representation

A Kashmiri boy who was brutally thrashed up by his colleagues in Jaipur on February 5, passed away at Sawai Man Singh hospital on the night of February 6.

The 18 year old boy Basit who was involved in catering work in the city was allegedly beaten up when he was on his way to back to home after work, on the midnight of February 5. He reportedly got into an altercation with his coworkers and sustained head injuries after which he was taken to Sawai Man Singh hospital where he underwent treatment. His age was determined by the date of birth mentioned on his Aadhar card.

Recounting the incident, Salman, another event coordinator who knew the Kashmiri youth said, “There were two Kashmiris. They had gone for some work, they were involved in event work. When they got free at midnight, then there were some other staff members from Mumbai with them .They got hold of the two and one of them was beaten badly. Then on reaching the room, he informed his friends that my head is hurting, and that his colleagues beaten him. The boy later became unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors initially said that it was food poisoning but later it was discovered that he had sustained serious injuries on the head.”

” He was then operated unsuccessfully and passed away in the next 24 hours,” He added.

An FIR in the case was registered on Thursday. Basit’s body meanwhile has been handed over to his family.

“Yes, these children were involved in catering work. They are boys of 20 – 22 years who had fought among themselves. After finishing catering work, they were returning to their respective homes at 1:30 am in the night when the altercation took place inside an auto. The altercation was probably because seating issues in the three wheeler. He was hopitalised soon after that and underwent surgery. He later passed away at the hospital, ” Station Head officer of Harmada Police Station told India Today.

“We have arrested one accused so far and others will also be arrested soon. However we do not see any political angle here,” the SHO added.

One of the accused arrested so far is Aditya who originally hails from Delhi. The identities of other accused in the case is not known to police so far.

” The body has been handed over to the family.” The SHO Ramesh confirmed to India Today.

Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from

  • Andriod App
  • IOS App

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here